Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Life Ahead

When I started this blog it was my intention to make you laugh with stories from my life and give you a nugget to think about. But I never thought I would have to decide what to write about when children and adults are murdered. So I have been thinking about this since Friday and during a run on this crisp Minnesota day I figured out what to write.

Life is short. It sounds cliche but it is so true. Whether you live to be 6 or 106, life is short. And my blog is not going to discuss guns or mental health, but what touched my heart is the idea of living to honor those children and the heroic adults. Children especially, have everything to live for and their whole life in front of them. But so did each of those adults and so do each one of us.

Every day and every moment we are given the gift of life and the opportunity to change our life if we want to and to live it the way we desire. 

As we enter the new year, which is always a cliche time of year for making decisions around changing our lives, my hope is that you join me in honoring those children and adults by living your life every day. By taking control of your health, your job, your spending, your travel, or anything you want to change. But most importantly prioritizing your family, friends, pets, and those you love. 

As I reflect on what I want to do differently in my life, I hope you will to. One of the little boys killed wanted to be a taco maker when he grew up because he loved tacos. It does not matter what you want to do with your life, because if you love it, do it!

Happy Holidays and I will be back in two weeks in 2013.

Love

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment