Thursday, February 7, 2013

Birthday Month

I love my birthday. It's not just one day, it's not just one week, but it's one month! Some people dislike their birthday because of the age they turn or for any number of reasons. But why do we do this?? Why can't each person celebrate themselves for a day? And did I mention I share my exact same birthday (different year) with my best friend? Quite possibly the coolest thing ever!


I celebrate my birthday at my work by having birthday work outs all week long. There were 29 push ups, 29 sprints, and 29 of lots of exercises to come tomorrow.

Jessie and I celebrated by packing food at Feed My Starving Children.

We celebrated by climbing the IDS tower for Cystic Fibrosis.


We celebrated by going to the Lady Gaga concert.



We plan on celebrating by going to the Swarm game tomorrow, having the day completely off on Saturday, and by having a trampoline birthday party on Sunday.

We plan on celebrating by going to Arizona and doing a Tough Mudder at the end of the month.

But at the heart of every birthday is the idea that if no one else will celebrate you, you have to! Make one day all about you, or one week, or one month because you deserve it.

Birthdays come around every year to remind us we are still alive and we have another year to make the most out of.

My dad emailed me a great quote from a commerial today and it fits perfectly.

"When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure it'll be worth watching!"

Have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment