Thursday, June 6, 2013

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

As I mentioned in a post a few weeks back...it's raining here. Well it's STILL raining and gloomy. I am not complaining about the 60 degree temps (love) but the gloom, doom, and wet has got to go. All of us in Minnesota and probably other places need some darn vitamin D and sunshine. 

I ran across a video online the other day and it brought some sunshine into my life and I want to share it with you.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/behold-sophia-grace-and-rosies-first-song-and-music-video

These girls are hysterical and they say it all. Girls just wanna have fun. They have no care in the world.

As usual when I need some "fun" inspiration, I look to my dogs. They don't care if it's gloomy or sunny, they just wanna have fun.

A few weeks ago Jessie, the dogs, and I did something we have waited 7 years to do. In the whole time we have lived in Minnesota we have not "gone to a cabin" or gone "up north" So a friend of Jessie's (thanks Darc!) welcomed us and the dogs up to her cabin. I've heard this is fun.....so we had to check it out. 

The dogs met Darci's dog Brandi and then the fun began.

Rio of course stayed close by. But the blurs in the picture are Mia and Brandi off running.  After many walks down to the water, over the hill and to the woods, we were back in the yard hanging out. You know you are having fun when you lay down and just cry because you're so happy. Hopefully this video will open for you. This is Mia and Brandi.


After a fun filled day of running and playing, we headed back. Did I mention that we found the most amazing gas station a few weeks ago on the way to the Fargo marathon? Well it had the most spectacular array of baked goods straight from Grandma's kitchen. Bear claw donuts the size of a real bear claw, muffins three times the size they should be and cookies. 

When we stopped on the way home I said to Jessie "give me strength when I go in there not to buy anything." Not because I didn't want to, but because we had already had treats from there on the way up to the cabin earlier that day. I come back to the car and this is what I see.


Why??? I asked. Her response. "Because it's a COOKIE THE SIZE OF MY HEAD!" Fair enough. Who can pass up a cookie the size of your head? Girls just wanna have fun. 

Another way to increase your happiness chemical serotonin is to move your body. Again - a lesson learned from the dogs. They did two 5k's in the past few weeks and couldn't be happier. 


And on a rare day of good weather Jessie and I went to a Twins game and had access to the Metropolitan club (ooohhhh) and found the most delightful dessert there....banana foster. Let's just be real. Sometimes "having fun" involves really delicious food.



It's raining here again today - big shocker. So if it's raining where you are, hang out with a dog, eat a great dessert, or watch a music video. Make yourself some fun. 

Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment