Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hmmmmmm

I have been thinking all week about what to write in today's blog. But I have been so busy that nothing funny or eventful has happened. So here are some of the ideas that flew threw my head this week:

  • It's fall and I LOVE fall and everything that means. I have been eating pumpkin food and lattes like crazy. 
  • I have been so busy I can't even see straight and woke up at 9am today (really late for me)
  • My dogs are the most amazing creatures and the best buds a person could have
  • I really don't have time to exercise, but I guess I can squeeze a 30 minute power work out
  • I finished my last grad school class - EEEEEKKKKKKKKKK
  • I'm supposed to do a thesis now???
  • Cooking food and meals to eat healthy and be prepared is exhausting, but very worth it
  • I have great friends
  • I am so blessed to be able to go visit my college friend Kendra in Pittsburg next week and run a half marathon with my older brother (his first) in Maryland and be with my younger brother around his birthday and make him a cake :)
  • My mom is coming to visit this upcoming weekend and I am excited to hang out with her
  • Iowa plays Minnesota in football. Rivals!!
  • I miss Truman (my college) like crazy every fall because that was my favorite time. Going back to school, settling in, and training for long races by running every square mile of that town from corn fields to down town
  • I have mice living in my house that I do not appreciate. I am all about building community and finding a safe place to live, but NOT in my house
  • I had the great fortune to discuss future career opportunities for myself yesterday and am excited to move forward with some of those
  • I saw two deer walking through my neighborhood while out on a walk with my pups this morning
  • I could go on and on

But the point is. SLOW DOWN. I feel like my life is going 1,000 miles per hour right now and what I really want is to sit outside and look at the pretty trees and drink coffee with a scarf and jacket on.



Take time to look at the trees, listen to the birds, and think about all the awesome things in your life. It's far better than thinking about all the negatives and the stress. 







2 comments:

  1. I love the energy and gratitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading what's been on your mind and appreciate the reminder to slow down. I laughed when I read about your pumpkin and latte craze. Yesterday I made a pan of pumpkin chocolate chip bars and treated myself to a pumpkin spice latte in the afternoon. I love Fall!

    ReplyDelete