Wednesday, September 5, 2012

List on a Stick

So people always ask me "which fair is better - Iowa or Minnesota?"  I always say "the Iowa fair is more about the fair with some eating and the Minnesota fair is about the eating with some fair." 

As I prepared for eating at the Minnesota fair, I of course recruited friends. More friends = more food to eat. So I ended up with 3 friends for a total of 4 people to eat.  We decided that we should make a list because there were so many good foods. Then I had a brilliant idea. 


LIST ON A STICK. Everything you eat at the fair is on a stick, why not our list? So our food list went onto a stick.
Now I felt like I was ready. 

And we brought food stickers to put on when we ate a food.  Since there was a lot of sharing happening, you could only trade out one of your foods for something else if approved by the group. The best part of "list on a stick" was the ability to put it up in the air if you lost your friend and they could see you. Simply brilliant. And who doesn't love stickers?

Of course I started with turkey to go. No bun - they give you extra meat. Protein to start me off before grease, sugar, and fat.
Here are a few more pics for fun that chronicles the food. 




The final picture shows how many foods we ate. Now you might start to think ..... these girls are sick. Their goal is to eat as much as possible? Not necessarily...but there was so much good food to eat. Poutin (fries, melted cheese curds, gravy), turkey, cheese curds, breakfast lollipop, deep fried slider, fudge puppy, bacon ice cream, cookies, deep fried Oreo's, just to name a few.

The point of today's blog is not about fair food, but about prioritizing and organizing. I used to be an incredible list maker and for some reason I really got stuff done. Not everyone operates this way. But man...we felt accomplished when we (almost) completed our list. 

Below is a link to an article about why lists help us. 

I think I'm going to start list making again. How about you?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101056819

As always, have a great week. And if you enjoy my blog, please do me the honor of passing it on to your friends and family.

Lindsey



No comments:

Post a Comment