Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Don't Pants Your Poop"

If you are a runner or have ever thought about being a runner, especially a distance runner, then this video is for you. 

Watch the video and then continue reading. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMw10KVVCk

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. This is EXACTLY what running a marathon is like. You start off strong, fade away, second wind, start losing your mind and seeing things, start singing to yourself, start worrying about pooping your pants, become delirious and then the FINISH LINE.

There is nothing like the finish line of a race. I decided to do my first marathon in 2003 after my freshman year of college. I needed a goal, I needed to do something that would stretch me past my limits, I needed to do something extreme, and I wanted to prove to everyone I knew that I could do it.  I could hardly finish a mile in my physical education tests in school....I was going to do a marathon.

I do not remember the training or the miles I ran by myself but I do remember how dedicated I was and how determined to meet the goal. Having that goal made my life so much more organized, efficient, and it had a PURPOSE.

I cried at the finish line. It was Grandma's Marathon (never doing that one again!). I had done something way past my limits and it was amazing.

You do not have to run a marathon, but what have you been wanting to prove to yourself? What have you wanted to accomplish? When you find that something that will test you, go out and AMAZE yourself! There is nothing better than the finish line.

Do not keep it to yourself....tell the world...but remember...DON'T PANTS YOUR POOP :)

Have a great week.

There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.
Henry Ford



SMART GOAL SETTING






Courtesy of:
http://www.smart-goal-setting-tips.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment