Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stuck

So I found myself in quite the predicament the other day. I set off on a journey to a Minneapolis store I had heard so many good things about... "I Like You" Now.... I am a self proclaimed girl from the suburbs, so this was outside my normal comfort zone. Once I found the store after being lost, I turned onto a residential street to park. There is absolutely no one on the street so I just pull up, park and walk happily to the store.


After spending some time browsing and picking out a few very unique items, I walk happily with my purchases back to my car. I walk down the street and can't find my car until I see it.....






I have been sandwiched in given only one inch on the back side of my car and only about two inches between me and the front car. Now what??? I panic, my heart starts racing, I jump to conclusions.


"How long will I be stuck here?"
"How the H am I going to get my car out?"
"What if they never come back?"
"Who can I call?"
"Why did this happen to me?"
"I'm never leaving the suburbs again!!!!"


On and on went my thinking until I finally sat down under a tree and started to think.


A few angry texts to friends, a call to the non-emergency police (who did nothing) and 90 minutes later...my car was free as the young boys came back to their car (the front one).  In my anger, I yelled at them, but they proceeded to just drive away.


My challenge to you as I start this blog is to think about somewhere in your life you are STUCK.  Stuck in a job you do not like, a relationship you are unhappy with, a health and wellness state that is not healthy, not getting enough sleep, and the list goes on. Often we get wrapped up in our thoughts (as I did above) and our anxiety raises and we can't move forward.


Once you have identified how you are STUCK, take out a piece of paper.  Write down just one thing to do this week to move you out of STUCK.  Share your idea with someone.


As simple as this sounds, I get stuck with my electronics before bed which makes me stay up later than I should. My goal (after the Olympics) is to put my phone and computer away an hour before bed.


Sleep is so important for so many health reasons. I have attached an article below on the importance of sleep.


http://experiencelife.com/article/sleep-deficit-the-hidden-debt-thats-hurting-us-all/




Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment